The heaviest man dies – level 2
The heaviest man in the world has died. The Mexican man died at the age of 48. He weighed 394 kilos at the time of his death.
However, the man once weighed 560 kilograms. That is as much as a small small car. When he worked in the USA as a computer repairman, he ate only pizza and burgers. His diet changed to tacos after he moved back to Mexico.
The man suffered from liver problems and his heartbeat was abnormal. No coffin was big enough for the man’s body, so it had to be cremated.
Difficult words: abnormal (not normal), coffin (wooden box for a dead body), cremate (to burn a dead person’s body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you happy with your weight?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos