The Internet Satellites – level 1
Elon Musk’s company, SpaceX, sends satellites into space. Satellites go around the Earth. They talk with each other. They send information to people.
Last week, Musk sends 60 satellites into space. Musk wants to send 50,000 satellites into space. He wants to make an Internet network. The satellites will bring cheap and fast Internet.
Some people do not have money for the Internet. There is no Internet in some parts of the world. Musk says that his Internet will be available for all people in the world.
Some astronomers are not happy about the satellites. Astronomers watch the sky at night. They use telescopes. However, the satellites make it more difficult to see stars and planets.
Difficult words: available (when people can buy or have something), astronomer (a person who studies stars and planets), telescope (an instrument that people use to watch objects in the sky or to see things that are very far away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos