The mask of Tutankhamun – level 1
Tutankhamun was a king of Egypt. This news is about his mask. People found it in 1924. Egyptian masks had beards on them. The beard was not on the mask. It was broken off.
People put the beard on the mask in 1941. They used glue. The mask was OK until 2014. In 2014, the beard fell off.
People put the beard back. They use glue again. However, people can see the glue. The mask must be fixed.
It takes nine weeks to fix the mask. Now, it is fixed. You can see it in the Egyptian Museum.
Difficult words: found (past of “find”), beard (hair on the bottom of the face), fix (to make something better).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Tutankhamun’s mask?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.