The new iPhone – level 1
Apple launches a new iPhone. It is the iPhone 6s. People want this phone, and many of them just can’t wait.
These people wait in front of Apple stores. They stand in a queue. They want to enter the store.
One woman cannot leave work. Her boss tells her to use a robot, and she does! The robot waits in the queue for her.
The new iPhone can take better pictures. It also has a new display. This display has “3D touch”. It knows how hard you press it.
Difficult words: launch (to put out a new thing to buy), queue (a line of people), press (to push).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you want the new iPhone?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.