The Olympics without Fans – level 1
The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, do not happen. The reason is the coronavirus. Japan changes the date for Summer 2021.
Now there are still problems with the coronavirus. A third wave of the coronavirus is in Japan. The situation in Tokyo is very serious. Shops and public places close.
New mutations of the coronavirus are in the world. They are more dangerous. Japanese people worry about the mutations. Foreigners must not travel to Japan.
The Japanese government decides that fans from other countries cannot come to the Olympics. It can be a problem. These fans bring a lot of money to Japan.
Difficult words: wave (when a disease starts or starts again), mutation (when a living thing or animal changes usually because the place where it lives changes), foreigner (a person who comes from a different country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.