The sound of a black hole – level 2
NASA released an audio clip in which we can hear the sound of a black hole. The sound came from the center of the Perseus galaxy cluster, where a huge black hole sent pressure waves.
These waves made hot gas in the cluster move. Scientists then transferred this movement into a sound, which they made louder and mixed with other data. The result was the actual sound of the black hole.
Many people thought that sound didn’t travel in space because space is mostly a vacuum. So much gas is in the Perseus galaxy that scientists were able to hear the sound.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.