The sound of a black hole – level 3
NASA released an audio clip of a black hole’s actual sound waves.
These sound waves emanate from the enormous black hole at the center of the Perseus galaxy cluster. Pressure waves from the black hole caused ripples in the cluster’s hot gas, and scientists were able to translate them into a sound or note.
According to NASA, the misconception originated that no sound is in space because most of space is a vacuum where sound waves cannot travel. However, the Perseus galaxy cluster has so much gas that scientists found sound. They amplified and mixed it with other data to hear the black hole.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.