The US President Has Coronavirus – level 1
The US president Donald Trump and his wife Melania have the coronavirus.
The news comes last week. Trump is feeling good. His wife is feeling good, too. They must stay in quarantine. It means that they must keep away from people. They can meet people when they are healthy again.
However, the situation changes. A helicopter takes Trump to a hospital. Trump has a fever.
Doctors say that Trump’s situation is not serious. However, doctors want to have everything under control. Trump is 74 years old. He is obese. COVID-19 can be more dangerous for him.
People vote for a new US president next month. Donald Trump is one of the candidates. The second candidate is Joe Biden.
Difficult words: fever (a high body temperature), obese (fat), candidate (a person who other people choose for a job).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos