The world´s longest footbridge – level 1
Workers start to build the longest footbridge in 2016. They finish it last week. It costs 2.8 million dollars.
The footbridge is in northern Portugal. It hangs 175 meters above the River Paiva. It is in beautiful nature. There are many waterfalls and green hills. The footbridge is 516 meters long. 100 people can be on the bridge in one moment.
The first visitors walk across the bridge last week. They are afraid at first. Then they enjoy the walk.
The bridge has a transparent bottom. Transparent means that people can see through it. The bridge is not good for people who are scared of heights. When people walk on the bridge, they can feel that it is moving.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.