The X-Project – level 1
Some people love unusual and dangerous sports. A group of athletes have a dream. They plan an event in the Swiss mountains. They want to go down a mountain. Different people do it differently.
A helicopter takes the athletes up the mountain. The men go down. Some men windsurf. Some men have snowboards. Another sport they use is speed riding. People use a paraglider and skis in this sport. Some people use a kite and a snowboard.
Some athletes never do anything like this in the past. They are scared. They still love the feeling.
The X-Project is a film, too. It is full of beautiful images. It shows how the athletes move.
Difficult words: windsurf (to move on water on a special board with a sail), paraglider (a special equipment that makes it possible to fly in the air), kite (a light thing that flows in the wind and somebody holds a long string and moves it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos