Three men jump out of a plane – level 3
On Veterans Day, an organization dedicated to completing bucket list items on seniors’ lists helped Fred Lake jump out of a plane.
The 88-year-old veteran jumped with his son and grandson, all three men in the Lake family who served in the armed forces. Fred Lake served in the Korean War, and he said he begged his son to go skydiving with him for the past seven years. He saw a story in the news about skydiving grandmothers and about an organization that offered bucket list wishes to low income seniors. Fred reached out to the organization’s founder who helped him achieve it with also his son and grandson.
Despite a rainy day, the trio flew through the sky and landed within minutes. The trip was short to Earth; however, the memories will likely last a lifetime for this important day of remembering the armed forces.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.