Three Suns in the Sky – level 3
A rare celestial phenomenon appeared in Mongolia, and it looked like there were three suns in the sky. The middle sun was the one we usually see every day, but the ones on either side were the sun’s smaller reflections.
A local meteorological centre explained that the optical phenomenon is known as an anthelion, which means that the reflection is caused by sunshine high in the sky and light passing through snow crystals in the air.
An anthelion can appear when the temperature is lower than -30°C, and the air is filled with clouds, vapour and ice crystals.
Difficult words: celestial (in the sky), phenomenon (a fact or a situation that sometimes happens), vapour (a mass of very small drops of a liquid in the air).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Have you ever seen anything like this in your life?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos