Tiger eats a cow – level 1
Someone takes a video in China. The video shows a tiger. It eats a cow.
The tiger is a Siberian tiger. It is a wild animal. Siberian tigers are endangered. Fewer than 500 are left in the wild. China protects these animals.
The video is a good thing. Experts think that there are more and more tigers.
Difficult words: wild [adjective] (a wild animal lives in the wild and is free), endangered (there are not many of them left in the world), wild [noun] (nature where there are no people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you worried about the nature?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.