Top Gun Maverick – level 2
Top Gun was the 1980s movie about navy pilots, which became very popular in many countries. The biggest star of the movie was Tom Cruise. He played a pilot, Pete Mitchell, who had a nickname Maverick.
Filmmakers made a sequel to Top Gun called Top Gun: Maverick, and they planned its premiere in September 2020. They had to change the date because of the coronavirus. The new date was July 2021, but it changed again to November 2021. Tom Cruise is a star of another movie called Mission: Impossible 7, and its premiere will be in 2022.
Paramount Pictures is an American film studio which made both movies. It seems that the company is waiting for the right time to release the movies in all the world. People in many countries cannot go to cinemas now, and the company wants to make a lot of many from selling the tickets.
Difficult words: sequel (a book or movie which continues a story which began in another book or movie), premiere (when people can watch a movie, TV show, or play for the first time), release (to make a film available for people to watch it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.