Town Has Strange Records – level 2
In the Czech Republic, a small town earned thousands of records and hosted a festival to show them off. Some of the records were racing with folding ladders or folding scarves.
The president of the festival was happy that people came to see the festival and understand its ‘essence’. He wanted to show people that life is more than being online and that it is about doing things.
Difficult words: folding (able to be folded – made smaller), ladder (a small ladder that you use to reach high items at home), essence (the most important part of something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos