Town Has Strange Records – level 3
The small town of Pelhrimov in the Czech Republic holds thousands of strange records and hosted a festival to show them off. Some of the records were racing with folding ladders and folding pink scarves.
The president of the festival said that he was happy to have people come and understand the ‘essence’ of what the people in this town do. He wants to show that life is more than being on Facebook or sitting at a computer. It is good to do something!
Who knows what wacky record will be next for the town?
Difficult words: essence (the most basic and important part of something), wacky (strange).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos