Toy Saves a Boy’s Life – level 3
A boy named Emre was ill and doctors were baffled by his symptoms, so they diagnosed him with a migraine and sent him home. His mother said that something was wrong because her son was having behaviour changes such as being angry, having rages, and vomiting.
Emre drew a picture of the pain in his head on his Etch-A-Sketch and described it as a ‘lump’ in his head. His mother took a picture of his drawing and brought it to the doctors to highlight her concerns again.
Doctors did a brain scan and found that Emre had a life-threatening brain tumour. They performed surgery and he is now recovering at home.
Difficult words: be baffled (be confused), rage (a violent, uncontrollable anger), Etch-A-Sketch (a toy where you can draw a temporary picture), highlight (bring attention to).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.