Toyota Lego model – level 2
At a shopping mall in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, visitors could see a life-size Lego model of Toyota´s Land Cruiser car.
It took a team of 12 people nearly 2,700 hours to make the model, and they used 440,000 Lego pieces. The Lego model stood next to a real Land Cruiser, and the two cars looked almost identical. The two cars had the same dimensions, and the model weighed over 2,000 kilograms, which was only 500 kilograms less than the real car. The model had windows, tires, lights, and Toyota’s name.
It is possible to see the model but only until December 15.
Difficult words: model (a thing which looks exactly like something else, but it is usually smaller), identical (exactly the same), dimension (the number which says how high, long or wide something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.