Tractor Stealer is Tasered – level 1
In Florida, a man steals a tractor. He drives it down the road. He drives erratically. Police see his driving. They drive behind him. Then, the police ask the man to stop. At first, he does as they tell him. Then he becomes violent. He starts running away.
One policeman uses a taser. It hits the man. It makes him fall down. The policeman arrests him. Then he takes him to hospital.
Difficult words: erratically (not normal), violent (a violent person wants to hurt or kill you), taser (an electric weapon that police use to stop people without killing them).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos