Train almost hits a man – level 1
This news is from the state of Victoria, Australia. A man is at a train station. He gets down from the platform. He walks onto the line. He wants to get to the opposite platform.
A train is coming. It is going 88 kilometres per hour. The man does not know about the train. The train sounds its horn and the man hears it. The train slows down. The man moves out of the train’s way. The train does not hit the man. A security camera filmed the incident.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think should happen to the man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.