Train almost hits two women – level 1
Two women are on a railway bridge. The women cannot leave the bridge, and a train is coming. They start to run, but the train is too fast. They must lie down on the train tracks.
There are only ten centimetres between the train and the ground. The women are lucky. They are fine. They get up and run away.
Difficult words: railway bridge (bridge for trains), lay down (get down), train tracks (bars that a train runs along).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is it illegal to walk on railway tracks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.