Train almost hits two women – level 2
Two women from the USA found themselves trapped on a railway bridge. The women started to run for their lives, as a train was coming. However, they were not fast enough.
But don’t worry! They are fine. They lay down in the middle of the tracks. There were only ten centimetres between them and the train.
After the train stopped, both women stood up and ran away. That is what you call a lucky escape!
Difficult words: trapped (not able to leave), run for your life (to run or do something quickly to escape danger that can kill yoy), lay down (get down on the ground), lucky escape (action of escaping danger narrowly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is it illegal to walk on railway tracks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.