Train at Your Door – level 2
A train station close to your home would be for most commuters a nice thing. In Hanoi though, things got a little bit too close.
In the Vietnam capital city, there is a street where trains pass right in front of people’s doors. Only centimeters separate the train and the houses. The train goes through the narrow street every day at 4 pm and at 7 pm. Residents usually hide because there have been accidents in the past.
Living there cannot be very nice, mainly because of the noise and also for security reasons.
Difficult words: commuter (person who travels to work), separate (divide), though (but).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos