Train from China to England – level 1
A train goes to England from China. It comes after 18 days. It is the first direct train from China to England.
Many people come to see this first train. There are 34 containers in the train. There are clothing and other things in the containers.
The train goes 7456 miles. It goes through Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, Belgium, France, and then England.
The train is cheaper than a plane and faster than a ship. There are plans to have these trains every week because this method of transport is wanted.
Difficult words: direct (go from one place to another without stopping), container (a box), method (how something is done).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.