Trial with migrants – level 1
Viktor Orban is the Hungarian Prime Minister. He is against migration there. He wants to stop it.
Ten migrants try to cross the border to Serbia. This happens last year.
Now, the migrants must go to trial in Hungary. This is the first time something like this comes to trial. Nine of the men must go to prison. However, they get free in the end.
A person from the UN talks to the media after the trial. He says that he is worried.
Difficult words: border (the line between two countries), trial (a place where people say if you are guilty of a crime or not).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.