Trophies are stolen – level 1
This news is from England. Thieves drive into the doors of a factory. They break the doors and get inside. They steal 60 trophies.
This makes the factory’s staff very sad. They want the trophies back.
The thieves throw the trophies into a lake. Somebody sees the trophies. People find around 20 trophies in the lake.
Difficult words: thief (somebody who takes people’s things), trophy (you can get this award when you win a game or contest), staff (people who work somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.