Trouble in Kashmir – level 1
Kashmir is a region in Asia. Three different countries control it. India, Pakistan and China each control a part. There were two wars in Kashmir. The wars were between India and Pakistan.
Now there is trouble in the Indian Kashmir. Indian police and rebels fight. There is a gun battle. Six people die. Many more are injured.
The battle starts protests. People throw rocks at the police. The police fight back.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.