Trump Impeachment Trial – level 1
Donald Trump is the president of the US. He ends his job in January 2021. The end is not happy. Joe Biden wins the election. Donald Trump does not agree with it. It is January 6.
The government officially says that Joe Biden wins the election. Trump is speaking to people in Washington, D.C. These people love Trump. They are angry and sad that Trump does not win.
Trump says that these people must go to the US government buildings. They must fight. People go and fight. Five people die at a government building. Trump does not stop the people.
Some people say that Trump is dangerous. He must not become a president in the future. An impeachment trial starts. It is the second impeachment trial for Trump.
Difficult words: election (when people vote a president or another person for a job in politics), impeachment (when politicians officially say that the president does something bad), trial (a formal process when a judge must decide if somebody does something wrong).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.