Turtles and Plastic – level 1
On Kenya’s beaches, there is a lot of plastic waste. This is a big problem for turtles. They eat the plastic. The plastic kills them. They eat it because they think that it is jellyfish.
People find out that young turtles eat plastic more often than adults. They die, also. When there is plastic on beaches, turtles cannot lay eggs. Plastics also blocks the way to the ocean. This is a problem for young turtles. They cannot get into the water.
Difficult words: waste (things which you throw away), jellyfish (a sea animal), adult Turtles and Plastic (bigger and older).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos