Two members of parliament fight – level 2
Two members of the Ukrainian Parliament got into a fight. The fight was reportedly over a corruption bill.
Guards had to pull apart the two fighters and people suspended them from parliament for five days.
Difficult words: reportedly (according to what some people say), bill (a new law which people discuss in parliament), suspend (to stop somebody from doing a job).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of these two?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos