Two Men Escape from a Prison – level 2
Two murderers escaped from a maximum security prison in New York. They cut a hole through a wall and crawled out through sewer tunnels. This was like from the famous film called “The Shawshank Redemption”.
Police are looking for the two criminals – more than 200 officers are involved. New York is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of the criminals. They also informed the police in Canada and Mexico.
The two men are described as dangerous.
Difficult words: murderer (a person who murdered/killed somebody), crawl (to move on your hands and knees), sewer tunnel (a tunnel which carries away waste material).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Will they catch the two? What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.