Typhoon Jebi – level 1
Typhoon Jebi is coming to Japan. A million Japanese must leave their homes. They are in danger.
The typhoon brings 160-kilometre-per-hour winds. It is the strongest typhoon since 1993. Airports and train stations are closed. They are under water. A tanker smashes into a bridge.
Difficult words: typhoon (a tropical storm), tanker (a big ship which usually carries oil), smash (hit very hard).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos