Unsafe Discount Drugs – level 1
Dollar Tree is a discount store. It sells things at around $1.00. It also sells medicines and drugs.
A US government organization is not happy with Dollar Tree. The organization says that some of Dollar Tree’s drugs can be unsafe. It says that the drug makers do not follow safety laws.
The organization says that Dollar Tree recently gets impure drugs. These drugs can be dangerous. However, Dollar Tree says that it wants to keep its customers safe. It says that it tests its products.
The organization says that Dollar Tree needs to make changes. It needs new plans to know if its products are safe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.