Upside Down House in Taiwan – level 2
In Taiwan, there is a three-storey upside down house. It is fully furnished with real-size tables, chairs and crockery. It even has a car stuck to its ceiling.
Hundreds of visitors come to visit the American country-style home. One visitor explained that being in the house feels like being in a movie like “The Exorcist” or “Spider Man”.
The house is 334 square metres and it includes a living room, a bathroom and a garage. It took around two months and $600,000 USD to make.
Difficult words: storey (floor), crockery (plates, dishes, cups and other things like that), stuck (put).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the upside-down house?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos