US Army and Saudi Arabia – level 1
The US has important oil buildings in Saudi Arabia. Someone attacks two of them. The American government does not like this. It sends equipment, technology, and 200 soldiers there.
Yemeni Houthi rebels say that they attacked the buildings. However, the US and other countries say that Iran is responsible. Iran says that it is not.
The Trump government says that the military help is for defense. It can send rockets if they need more defense.
Difficult words: oil (a dark liquid that comes from the ground and people turn it into gasoline and other important things), equipment (things that help people do their jobs or help them live), Yemeni Houthi rebels (people who come from Yemen who fight against other governments).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.