US Plane Engine Fire – level 1
A Boeing 777 plane takes off from an airport in Denver, Colorado, US. Something happens only a few minutes after the take-off. One of the engines has problems. A plane cannot fly without engines.
Some passengers see smoke and fire. They are very scared. They think that the plane will crash.
The pilot returns to the airport. He lands safely. All people are happy. 241 people are on board. They are all okay.
Pieces of the engine fall down. They fall down in gardens and streets of Denver. People must not touch them. The police must find out what happens.
Boeing has many 777 planes. Boeing wants to check all of them.
Difficult words: engine (a machine that makes cars, planes, or other things move), passenger (a person who travels somewhere and he is not the driver), check (to look at something and see if it is okay).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.