USA and Iran – level 1
The relationship between the USA and Iran is not good at the moment. The Pentagon is the military part of the USA. People say that the Pentagon wants to send more soldiers to the Middle East.
The Pentagon wants to move 10,000 soldiers, ships and weapons there. The Pentagon wants the forces to be around Iran. We do not know if the White House approves this.
Difficult words: relationship (how things are between two countries – if they are good or bad), force (soldiers and war machines), approve (say ‘yes’ to something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos