Usain Bolt at the Olympics – level 1
Usain Bolt wins the Olympic gold in three events. The third is for a 100-metre relay.
Jamaicans in Rio celebrate. Back home in Jamaica, people are very proud of him.
It is a great achievement, but it can also be his last. Bolt is going to retire next year.
Difficult words: relay (a race when runners in a team take turns), celebrate (be happy because of something good), achievement (something good that you do), retire (stop working).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos