Utopia in London – level 3
People can now see thirty-seven different countries’ interpretation of utopia in London as part of London’s Design Biennale.
Turkey’s vision includes a wish machine. Lebanon’s vision, on the other hand, is more realistic – it recreates the thriving street life of Beirut down to the smallest detail. Many of the installations carry with apolitical point.
Australia’s entry focuses on the negative effect of pollution on the environment conveyed through its mosaic table of plastic in the sea.
The New York Times called London the new world capital for design in 2012, and the event’s director wants to hold on to that title. He thinks that with the Biennale and its 37 countries, everyone is showing that London is an international creative hub, which is open to business from the whole world.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.