Vape Illness Reason – level 1
Many people get sick from vape products in the US. Health officials want to know why. They think they find one reason. They think that vitamin E acetate makes people sick.
Vitamin E acetate is a vitamin in many foods and skin products. It is safe to eat or use on your skin. However, it is not safe to vape.
Investigators do tests from 29 patients who are sick from vape products. They find vitamin E acetate in all of the tests. Almost all of the patients say that they use vape products with the drug THC. Some makers of illegal THC vape products put vitamin E acetate in the products.
Difficult words: vape (noun: a type of electronic cigarette; verb: to smoke a type of electronic cigarette), product (a thing that a company makes to sell), vitamin (a thing that comes from nature but people can also make in laboratories), illegal (not allowed).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos