Vatican to give blessings for same-sex couples – level 1
This news is from the Vatican. Pope Francis says yes to a new rule.
This rule says that priests in the Catholic Church can give blessings to same-sex couples. This is a big change. It shows that God welcomes everyone. The rule says priests can decide to bless anyone who asks for God’s help. But it is not the same as getting married. The Church says that it is okay when a woman likes another woman or when a man likes another man. But some things are wrong.
Some people are happy about this change. Others think that it may bring problems to the Church. The new rule says the blessing should not look like a usual wedding. It can happen in different places.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How has Pope Francis's decision to allow blessings for same-sex couples been received by the Catholic Church and society?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.