Venezuelan police killed a boy – level 1
People protest in Venezuela. Twenty people fight with the police. A boy fights, too. He is 14 years old. A policeman shoots him. The boy dies.
The Venezuelan president condemns this. The policeman says that he did this. He goes to prison.
Difficult words: protest (to go to the streets and say that you do not like something), condemn (to say that you do not like something), did (the past tense of “do”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there many protests in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.