Very Clever Boy – level 2
An 11-year-old boy scored 162 in the Mensa IQ test. Only around 2 per cent of people reach a score higher than 132, which is a ticket to the Mensa club. The boy’s IQ could be higher than Einstein’s or Stephen Hawking’s.
The boy is from a town in England and one of his hobbies is badminton. He wants to use his intelligence to help the world.
He said that the test was not ’that difficult’, but he admitted that he had to guess on a few questions because there was not enough time.
Difficult words: Mensa (a group of people who believe that they are very smart), IQ test (a test that is supposed to measure how much information that you know and how you solve problems), admit (say that something is true).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.