Very Fat Monkey – level 1
In a zoo in Thailand, tourists leave behind their junk food. A monkey eats it. He becomes very fat. People call him ‘Uncle Fat’.
He is 26 kilograms heavy. That is three times more than normal. It is very dangerous to be this fat. It can lead to diseases. He can get a heart disease, for example.
Zookeepers place the monkey on a diet. He eats only lean protein, fruit and vegetables.
Difficult words: junk food (a type of food which is bad for you – chips, candies, chocolate, etc.), disease (when something is wrong with your body, you have a disease), lean (with little fat), protein (a type of food which is in meat, eggs, beans, soy, etc.).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.