Very heavy man has a problem – level 2
This story is about a very heavy man. He weighs 300 kilograms and he is just 22 years old. He is from China.
Last week, the man became ill and he could not move himself at home. When an ambulance arrived at his house, paramedics could not move him onto the stretcher. A few other men had to help. He was sent to hospital in critical condition. His kidneys were not functioning.
The man was over 6.5 kilograms heavy when he was born. He has always eaten a lot. He can eat three times more food than a normal person.
Difficult words: paramedic (somebody who does medical work), stretcher (bed for carrying somebody who’s injured), critical (serious), kidney (one of the two organs in your lower back which cleans blood).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you know any really big people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.