Very Heavy Woman – level 1
An Egyptian woman weighs 500 kilogrammes. She is the heaviest woman in the world. She needs to go to India to see doctors. She needs weight reduction surgery.
She flies to India. In India, she cannot travel in a car. She is too heavy. She must travel in a bed. The bed is on a truck. The truck takes her to hospital. A crane moves the bed to a hospital window.
Difficult words: need (if you need to do something, it is very good to do it), weight reduction surgery (when doctors take fat from your body), crane (a big machine which can move very heavy things; people use it when they are building houses).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.