Very Old Ballerina – level 3
An 80-year-old pensioner from England passed her 55-minute Grade 7 ballet exam with merit.
Barbara began ballet at the age of two, and while she stopped taking exams in her twenties, she never stopped teaching ballet. She says that it has kept her healthy.
Barbara’s daughter, who began taking adult ballet classes, recently persuaded her to start taking exams again. To prepare, she had to train two hours every day for three weeks.
Although Barbara lost her flexibility, and she has not done the splits for ten years, she plans to keep on dancing and has her sights on her Grade 8 ballet exams.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.