Very Special Wedding Dress – level 3
People annually transform toilet paper into wedding dresses at the Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest in New York. Designers are only allowed to use toilet paper, glue, tape, needles and thread to create their masterpieces.
The competition offers a more creative twist to bridal attire and the competitors are always excited as they make it down to the final 10 out of over a thousand hopefuls.
In 2016, the dress that won was dubbed “Winter Last”, as it was inspired by the creator’s first snowstorm experience. The creations went on display at one of Ripley’s Believe It or Not global locations, which is a company which deals in strange and unusual items.
Difficult words: annually (every year), attire (clothes), hopeful (a person hoping to succeed), dubbed (nicknamed, called).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos