Victory Day Celebration – level 3
Russia marked the surrender of Nazi Germany in WWII by a military parade at Moscow’s Red Square on Tuesday 9th. People could see modern and historic military hardware, such as T-34 tanks.
Veterans joined President Putin to watch the Victory Day celebration. In memory of the tens of millions who died in the war, he laid a wreath outside the Kremlin, and he gave a speech calling for international co-operation to combat extremism.
Difficult words: mark (remind/celebrate/show respect for an important event).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.