Village in Israel and Palestine – level 1
Israel and Palestine are two countries in the Middle East. They are not friends. Both countries want land. The countries cannot agree which land is Israel’s and which land is Palestine’s.
Recently, Israel starts to destroy part of a Palestinian village. However, official documents say that this village is part of Palestine.
Israeli leaders say that the buildings are too close to a security border. They say that no one lives in them. They say that terrorists can use the buildings.
Palestinians say that Israel wants the land. They say that the demolition is a crime. They ask for help from other countries.
Difficult words: agree (when two countries are both happy with something), security border (a line between two countries with a wall), demolition (destroying something, getting rid of something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos